AMA Atlanta is focused on the future generation of marketing to cultivate the skills and talents of future marketing leaders.
The Ken Bernhardt AMA Atlanta, Outstanding Collegiate Marketer Award, is designed to highlight critical individuals driven to make a difference in the marketing industry. AMA Collegiate Members have the opportunity to be recognized by some of Atlanta’s best marketing professionals.
In 2024, five college marketing students will be awarded from the Ken Bernhardt endowment fund. A maximum of (2) winners will be selected per college or university. The total amount of scholarships to be awarded is $30,000, with the following payment structure.
- $10,000 (1) – 1st Place winner
- $6,000 (2) – 2nd Place Runner-Ups
- $4,000 (2) – 3rd Place Runner-Ups
To be considered for the award, students must meet the following criteria:
All awards will be announced at the 38th Annual Collegiate Conference and Career Fair and will also be invited to attend the Atlanta Marketer of the Year (AMY) Awards where the winners will receive their awards and have the opportunity to network with marketing professionals.
QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY
- Must be a member of both your Georgia collegiate chapter and AMA Nationals
- Your chapter advisor or marketing department lead will need to email Jamal Harris (JamHarris832@gmail.com) to confirm your active status.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be in good standing with your college/university
- Must be a student in marketing demonstrating key skills required of marketing leaders
- Must complete and submit the Ken Bernhardt AMA Atlanta Scholarship – Strategic Marketing Plan Assignment (Details below)
AWARD DETAILS AND DEADLINES
All applications need to be submitted by February 19, 2024.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out the scholarship application here. Both the application and confirmation of AMA active status must be submitted by Monday, February 19, 2024.
Feel free to reach out to Jamal Harris at JamHarris832@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns.
SCHOLARSHIP ASSIGNMENT DETAILS
Ken Bernhardt AMA Atlanta Scholarship – Strategic Marketing Plan Assignment
Imagine you are part of a marketing team for a health & wellness company planning to launch an innovative product in the market. The product is a cutting-edge technology gadget or a unique consumer good. Your task is to create a comprehensive strategic marketing plan that will ensure a successful launch and sustained growth in the market.
- Conduct thorough market research to identify the target audience, market trends, and potential competitors. Provide insights into consumer behavior, preferences, and the demand for similar products.
- Define the unique selling proposition (USP) of the product and determine how it will be positioned in the market. Explain why consumers should choose this product over competitors’ offerings.
Target Audience and Segmentation:
- Clearly define the target audience for the product. Provide a detailed profile of the ideal customer, considering demographics, psychographics, and behavior.
Digital Marketing Strategy:
- Develop a high-level digital marketing plan, including online advertising, social media campaigns, influencer marketing, etc.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) that will be used to measure the success of the marketing plan.
- The presentation should be shared in a deck/slide format (Powerpoint, Slides, Keynote, etc)
- Presentation Deck (required): PDF
- Video (not required): mp4
- The assignment should be no more than (6) slides.
- Students have the option to submit a presentation video with their applications.
- Include visuals, graphs, and charts to support your analysis and recommendations.
- Use credible sources for market research data.